Monday 4 February 2019

Albert Mohler on Social Justice and the Gospel at SBTS Chapel

Albert Mohler on Social Justice and the Gospel at SBTS Chapel
Mohler answers the questions: How would you define "social justice"? And how would you understand our gospel call in relation to how you define social justice? A key quote for me on why he could not sign The Statement on Social Justice and the Gospel: "I can't associate with any assertion that we do not have a massive problem in the society and in the church with claims of racial superiority and with historic patterns of claims of white racial superiority and with the fact that remnants and ongoing manifestations of those claims of white racial superiority continue. . . . Now, if you're going to turn all this to what we hope will be a healthier place I'll simply say I don't believe I could possibly, honestly, give assent to a statement that could be read and has been interpreted by some as denying this reality and the continuing urgency of this reality." The key question I ask from all this to my brother-pastors and all disciplemaking Christian in America today: Do we have a massive and urgent problem in the society with the remnants and ongoing manifestations of the past systemic racism toward African-Americans today?
via YouTube https://youtu.be/5elrmVgBddU

No comments:

Post a Comment