Tuesday 6 August 2019

Reverse Gaslighting - MGTOW

Reverse Gaslighting - MGTOW
Reverse Gaslighting - MGTOW Sandman Contact Info & Store: Email: SandmanMGTOW@Gmail.com https://ift.tt/2T82DBb MGTOW Mystery Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL_zaqYvi3I Hi Everyone Sandman Here, This video is brought to you by a SubscribeStar donation from Just Some Guy. He didn't give me a specific topic with this donation unlike the other ones he requested before so I thought it would be a great idea to cover the topic of reverse gaslighting. I thought about doing it after reading a comment from someone named Josef is Guilty so here's what he has to say and I quote: "What do you call reverse gaslighting? [Is this Normal?] I understand gaslighting to mean lying after the fact to try changing the past. My mom does this sometimes. Her biggest lie was and I quote “I wanted to be more easygoing with you kids but your dad wanted to be more strict.” Um, not at all. But my mom more often, and more damagingly, would make a statement about what she thinks or would do but then would act in a way that shows it to be a lie. For example, she always told me that when I got married it would be my day and I could plan it however I liked. But when I got married, she made a fuss at every step of the way. She didn’t like how small the guest list was, she didn’t like that it was in my wife’s home town 900 miles away, she didn’t like that I asked my best friend instead of my brother to be my best man, etc. Another example: when I was a preteen she told me that sex is a beautiful and natural thing, but when I was actually involved with anything closely resembling sex, she acted like I was bad and dirty and selfish. Anything from finding a Playboy magazine under my bed (“What if your little brother had found it???”) to my choice in underwear. When I started dating a whole shit storm of control and manipulation happened. What do you call it when the lie happens before the action, instead of after like gaslighting?" unquote. So with that out of the way thank you Just Some Guy for the donation and thanks to Josef for the thought provoking comments and questions. I'll define both gaslighting and reverse gaslighting in just one moment but before I do let me tell you about today's sponsor, me the Sandman: Anyways, now back to Josef and if what his mother was doing to him would be considered reverse gaslighting. As far as I've always understood things gaslighting is lying about something to change the past and make you think that you think that you're going crazy or doing something passive aggressive. For example imagine if you had a sink full of dishes that needed to be washed and your wife told you she would do them. So she does but the plates are still dirty and you can see food particles on them and you think to yourself there's no way I'm going to eat off of these. So what you point it out to her and she gets angry and says you don't appreciate me or she says you're crazy the plates are clean can't you see that I did them? How are you supposed to respond? Are you supposed to say well if you washed the plates why are they still dirty? 10 images licensed and paid for through BigStock.com. All image licenses are available upon request. Video Motion Graphics Credits: Particle Wave 4K Motion Background by "Videezy.com"
via YouTube https://youtu.be/-Ouau3IDSXU

No comments:

Post a Comment